>
-----



...punching on the walls of reality since 2005...
Puff House is embedded at the bottom of this page. Or click on the spitfire image above to go direct to my new blog, Puff House.

Through the Smoke...

Free Speech. NASCAR. Trivia. Bitching and moaning.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Neo-Redneck into...Free Speech. NASCAR. NFL. Trivia. Comic books. Nerd propaganda, Geek culture. Biting social commentary, bitching and moaning...WARNING: This is not journalism, mainstream or citizen. Anything presented is flavored by my diseased mind, my frustration and/or my sarcastic wit. Not necessarily in that order. You were warned.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

JUC: Michael Waltrip Racing and the #55 NAPA Toyota Camry

Michael Waltrip Racing takes the bullet...and, apparently, deserved it.

He is being docked 100 points.

His crew chief and team director are suspended from NASCAR events indefinitely.

The substance was jet fuel. Jet fuel..., I guess, will boost octane, allowing the engine to run at a higher horsepower.

Toyota is not pleased.

Waltrip issued a statement.

"During preparations for the 2007 season and especially the 2007 Daytona 500, I specifically requested that our competition teams not disrespect NASCAR, our competitors or our sponsors by blatantly circumventing the rules, Waltrip said. "This is not the action of an organization, a manufacturer or a sponsor. This was an independent act done without consent or authorization from me or any of my executive management team.

"As an owner, I realize I am ultimately held responsible for the actions of my employees. Therefore, I accept the penalties issued tonight by NASCAR."


Wow!

Turns out that isn't the biggest penalty though. A few years ago, also a fuel additive case, Jeremy Mayfield was fined 150 points at a Talladega race.

Everham and Roush are upset by the severity of the penalties.

Jack Roush's comments about appealing NASCAR rulings was telling though. When NASCAR makes up their mind, they've made it up.

My favorite quote though was from Matt Kenseth, which I'm sure is being repeated by all us Haters of the 48. He was asked if he felt the penalty fit the crime.

"No. I talked with John Darby a little bit last night and the only thing that I kind of want to make clear is an infraction last year that somebody got suspended for, no points was 10 times graver infraction than this was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker